Disclosure: If you buy products using the retailer buttons above, we may earn a commission from the retailers you visit.
More than 800,000 people in the UK are currently affected by dementia, a figure set to increase as the population ages. This book, addressed to carers and loved ones, explores how to handle the difficult emotions involved in looking after a loved one with dementia, such as denial, shame, anger, guilt and grief. It examines the harrowing process of effectively losing a person on a day-to-day basis, and suggests the best ways to maintain psychological health and well-being. Topics include:
· Understanding the changes in memory, personality and behaviour
· Developing an understanding of personal challenge
· Overcoming loneliness and isolation
· How family dynamics may affect the caring experience
· ‘The long goodbye’ – coping with progressive decline
· Severe dementia and end of life care
· Finding meaning in the experience – is there a
‘positive’ side of looking after someone with dementia?
Get recommended reads, deals, and more from Hachette