This is a contractor opportunity.
Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK currently uses a system called Vista to support its royalty calculation and royalty and sub-right statement production requirements. Vista is a publishing industry specific product (from Publishing Technology), which is reaching end of life. Hachette UK currently runs two versions, one at each of its two primary warehouse locations. The system was implemented in 1993 and whilst it has adapted to accommodate the subsequent industry changes this has resulted in an overly complex and manual royalties and sub-right process.
In July 2015 we launched Project Eve to look at replacement systems options for Vista royalties and sub-rights system to support our authors for the 21st Century. This process was concluded in October 2017 with REAL being selected to provide the Alliant platform as the preferred solution for our new royalties and sub-rights system. Alliant will interface to our publishing system used for contract management (Biblio) and our sales and finance systems (SAP).
Currently we are testing system functionality and data cleansing, preparing for the start of user acceptance testing (UAT) and parallel run (PR).
What you will be doing
We are seeking a Business Training Manager to create and deliver all aspects of training to support the transition and adoption of the new ways of working.
The trainer will work alongside our Change Manager, third party system expert and our Business Process Leads to ensure our business processes are complete and accurate in order to create first class training materials and deliver engaging face-to-face training to approx. 20 colleagues.
Here are the deliverables:
- Supporting Change Manager to ensure the process design documentation is complete and accurate.
- Supporting UAT to ensure any process changes are captured and actioned.
- Create sustainable training materials.
- Deliver engaging face-to-face supported by Business Process Leads.
This role would be initially for 4 months reporting into and supported by the Business Change Manager.
Who we are looking for
- Background of working and training within a project environment.
- Proven track record of creating and delivering business training programs focused on implementing new ways of working.
- Ability to engage with and capture the interest of others.
- Extremely organised and methodical
- Experience in the publishing industry would be an advantage.
What we can offer
- Experienced friendly project team
- Opportunity to work on one of the first projects delivering a new best-in-class royalties system to the publishing industry.
- Flexible working
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
Salary: £500 per day
Closing date: 14th September 2019
Please apply in writing with a full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies can be sent to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.