An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young and adult learners of Icelandic.
“Olly’s top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work – and you will too!” – Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Icelandic for Beginners has been written especially for students from high-beginner to low-intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly – enjoyment! Mapped to A2-B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
– Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller – making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
– Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
– Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
– Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
– Pleasure! Research shows that if you’re enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won’t experience the usual feelings of frustration – ‘It’s too hard!’ ‘I don’t understand!’
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including:
– A glossary for bolded words in each chapter
– Full plot summary
– A bilingual word list
– Comprehension questions after each chapter. As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoyingreading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Icelandic for Beginners will make learning Icelandic easy and enjoyable.